Liverpool - Istanbul 2012
TRADING STATION offers a platform for physical and online sharing for the development and production of creative, pan-European dialogues rooted within exchange. Liverpool and Istanbul, twinned by Capital of Culture status, are the locations for TRADING STATION. The 9 artists involved will share ideas and experiences physically through travel and making art works, and will exchange images, text or audio virtually via social media.
TRADING STATION is POST's second project, it seeks to uncover methods for artists to work together across different countries, making the most of personal relationships and finding useful ways to develop work together using virtual methods. Four newspaper publications provide a space to share the development process of this exchange model with a wider audience in both Turkey and the UK. The results of this exchange process will culminate in an exhibition at Curve Gallery during Liverpool Biennial 2012.
POST’s five aims for TRADING STATION are:
1. To set up both virtual & physical spaces and times for TRADING STATION
2. Further POST's work in the field of professional female art practice
3. Develop individual practice & interdisciplinary methods
4. Develop the legacy of European Capitals of Culture
5. Make our processes and outcomes transparent